Lauren Teukolsky launched Teukolsky Law in 2017 after practicing law for 17 years at some of California's most prestigious civil rights law firms and organizations. A cum laude graduate of Harvard College (B.A.), Ms. Teukolsky graduated in the top 10 of her class at UCLA School of Law (J.D.), where she was an Articles Editor for the UCLA Law Review and won the law school's Moot Court competition. After graduating, Ms. Teukolsky completed back-to-back federal clerkships with the Honorable Harry Pregerson on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Honorable A. Howard Matz at the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
After clerking, Ms. Teukolsky received top-notch training from the legendary trial attorney Dan Stormer as an associate at Hadsell Stormer & Renick LLP for eight years. She then specialized in plaintiff-side employment litigation as a partner for six years at Traber & Voorhees and Baltodano & Baltodano LLP. During her tenure at these prominent civil rights firms, Ms. Teukolsky litigated major employment cases against defendants such as Walmart, CVS, and Albertson’s, recovering more than $30 million on behalf of her clients. Ms. Teukolsky also served as the Pro Bono Director at Bet Tzedek Legal Services, one of the largest non-profit legal services providers in Los Angeles.
Ms. Teukolsky was the recipient of a 2016 California Lawyer of the Year (CLAY) award for her work on Carrillo v. Schneider, a wage-and-hour class action against Walmart and others on behalf of warehouse workers in the Inland Empire, which settled for $22.7 million after years of complex litigation. She has been selected as a Southern California “Super Lawyer” in Los Angeles Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine each year since 2012, and a "Rising Star" by the same publications each year from 2004 to 2010. She is a frequent speaker and panelist at statewide conferences and legal training seminars, focusing on employment law issues and litigation skills. She is a long-standing member of the California Employment Lawyers Association.
Ms. Teukolsky's recent and upcoming speaking engagements include:
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Labor & Employment Section, "The 25 Cases You Need to Know to Compel (or Avoid) Arbitration," coming March 2020
- Pasadena Bar Association Labor & Employment Section, "Independent Contractors after Dynamix and AB 5," coming February 2020
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2019 Annual Wage and Hour Conference, "Post Epic Systems Developments in Arbitration," coming December 2019
- UCLA School of Law, "Lawyering in the Real World," September 2019
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2019 PAGA Workshop Los Angeles, "Settlement and Arbitration Issues," March 2019
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Labor and Employment Section Conference, "Nuts and Bolts of Wage and Hour Law," November 2017
- State Bar of California Labor & Employment Law Section, Seventh Annual Advanced Wage & Hour Conference, "The Annual Update,” July 2017
- Coalition of Low-Wage & Immigrant Worker Advocates (CLIWA), Annual Retreat, "Joint Employer," June 2017
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2016 Annual Conference, “Making Joint Employers Play Right,” September 2016
- State Bar of California Labor & Employment Law Section, Sixth Annual Advanced Wage & Hour Conference, "Arbitration Agreements, Class Certification and PAGA: Crossing Over from the Theoretical to the Practical,” July 2016
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2016 Advanced Wage and Hour Seminar, “Everything I Needed to Know About Arbitration I Learned Before Lunch,” May 2016
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2015 Annual Wage & Hour Conference, "What Makes A Good Wage and Hour Case from the Plaintiff’s Perspective,” December 2015
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, Litigating & Defending Discrimination & Harassment Claims, "Winning Strategies for Discovery & Taking Depositions,” August 2015
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Labor and Employment Section Conference, “Nuts and Bolts of Wage and Hour Law,” November 2014
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2014 Annual Conference, “Lessons Learned from Winning,” October 2014
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2013 Annual Wage & Hour Conference, “Strategies for Settlement of Wage & Hour Cases,” December 2013