Lauren Teukolsky launched Teukolsky Law in 2017 after practicing law for 17 years at some of California's most prestigious civil rights law firms and organizations. A cum laude graduate of Harvard College (B.A.), Ms. Teukolsky graduated in the top 10 of her class at UCLA School of Law (J.D.), where she was an Articles Editor for the UCLA Law Review and won the law school's Moot Court competition. After graduating, Ms. Teukolsky completed back-to-back federal clerkships with the Honorable Harry Pregerson on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Honorable A. Howard Matz at the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
After clerking, Ms. Teukolsky received top-notch training from the legendary trial attorney Dan Stormer as an associate at Hadsell Stormer Renick & Dai LLP for eight years. She then specialized in plaintiff-side employment litigation as a partner for six years at Traber & Voorhees and Baltodano & Baltodano LLP. During her tenure at these prominent civil rights firms, Ms. Teukolsky litigated major employment cases against defendants such as Walmart, CVS, and Albertson’s, recovering more than $30 million on behalf of her clients. Ms. Teukolsky also served as the Pro Bono Director at Bet Tzedek Legal Services, one of the largest non-profit legal services providers in Los Angeles.
In 2022, Ms. Teukolsky was elected as a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, the premier peer-selected organization of labor and employment lawyers in the United States. Election as a Fellow is “the highest recognition by one’s colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession, exemplifying integrity, dedication and excellence.”
Ms. Teukolsky was the recipient of a 2016 California Lawyer of the Year (CLAY) award for her work on Carrillo v. Schneider, a wage-and-hour class action against Walmart and others on behalf of warehouse workers in the Inland Empire, which settled for $22.7 million after years of complex litigation. She has been selected as a Southern California “Super Lawyer” in Los Angeles Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine each year since 2013, and a "Rising Star" by the same publications each year from 2004 to 2010. She was selected to the "Top 100" list of Southern California Super Lawyers for 2023, and the "Top 50" Women Southern California Super Lawyers in 2022 and 2023.
Ms. Teukolsky is a frequent speaker and panelist at statewide conferences and legal training seminars, focusing on employment law issues and litigation skills. She is a long-standing member of the California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), a statewide organization of more than 1,200 plaintiff-side employment attorneys, and has served as Co-Chair of CELA's Wage & Hour Committee.
Ms. Teukolsky's recent and upcoming speaking engagements include:
- College of Labor and Employment Law, "Litigating PAGA Claims after Viking River Cruises," September 2022
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), "Navigating PAGA's Choppy Waters: Viking River Cruises and Other Threats to PAGA," July 2022
- UCLA School of Law, "Lawyering Skills: Lawyers as Storytellers," February 2022
- Western Center on Law & Poverty (WCLP), Discovery Academy, "Developing a Case Plan," November 2021
- American Bar Association (ABA) Labor & Employment Section, 15th Annual Conference, "The Rise of the Remote Workforce and Its Impact on the Employee Relationship," November 2021
- Western Center on Law & Poverty (WCLP), Discovery Academy, "Overall Approaches to Discovery," October 2021
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), 2021 Annual Vegas Conference, "Oppose That Arbitration," September 2021
- California Lawyers Association (CLA, formerly State Bar) Labor & Employment Section, 2021 Annual Conference, "Emerging Wage & Hour Trends," July 2021
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2021 Advanced Wage and Hour Seminar, "Distress Call: How to Evaluate Claims of Financial Distress by Defendants in Wage-and-Hour Cases," June 2021
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA), "Employment Issues During COVID-19," July 2020
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2020 Advanced Wage and Hour Seminar, "An Epic Problem: Mass Arbitration and Other Strategies for Responding to Class Action Waivers," June 2020
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Labor & Employment Section, "Arbitration Baker's Dozen: The 13 Cases You Need to Know to Compel (or Avoid) Arbitration," March 2020
- Pasadena Bar Association Labor & Employment Section, "Independent Contractors after Dynamex and AB 5," February 2020
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2019 Annual Wage and Hour Conference, "Post Epic Systems Developments in Arbitration," December 2019
- UCLA School of Law, "Lawyering in the Real World," September 2019
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2019 PAGA Workshop Los Angeles, "Settlement and Arbitration Issues," March 2019
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Labor and Employment Section Conference, "Nuts and Bolts of Wage and Hour Law," November 2017
- State Bar of California Labor & Employment Law Section, Seventh Annual Advanced Wage & Hour Conference, "The Annual Update,” July 2017
- Coalition of Low-Wage & Immigrant Worker Advocates (CLIWA), Annual Retreat, "Joint Employer," June 2017
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2016 Annual Conference, “Making Joint Employers Play Right,” September 2016
- State Bar of California Labor & Employment Law Section, Sixth Annual Advanced Wage & Hour Conference, "Arbitration Agreements, Class Certification and PAGA: Crossing Over from the Theoretical to the Practical,” July 2016
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2016 Advanced Wage and Hour Seminar, “Everything I Needed to Know About Arbitration I Learned Before Lunch,” May 2016
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2015 Annual Wage & Hour Conference, "What Makes A Good Wage and Hour Case from the Plaintiff’s Perspective,” December 2015
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, Litigating & Defending Discrimination & Harassment Claims, "Winning Strategies for Discovery & Taking Depositions,” August 2015
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Labor and Employment Section Conference, “Nuts and Bolts of Wage and Hour Law,” November 2014
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 2014 Annual Conference, “Lessons Learned from Winning,” October 2014
- Bridgeport Legal Conferences, 2013 Annual Wage & Hour Conference, “Strategies for Settlement of Wage & Hour Cases,” December 2013